Friday, August 20, 2010

This is my Practice

 

Every morning first thing after splashing my face with cold water I march out to the big oak in the front yard and fall on my knees repenting for all the trouble I cause in the world carbon dioxide spuming from every pore I fall face down and grieve till tears bead the grass like dew!

Right after this I leap to my feet and lift my arms to the heavens shouting “Thank you, thank you, thank you” to the Creator of Everything whom I cannot see or even know all that well but to whom I am so grateful for life and love and being!

And after this I run down the hill to Walmart where I embrace every person at every register saying very precisely and from my whole heart “How glad I am you are in the world how very very glad!”

This is my practice. Or at least it could be.